Lately, there is so much interest in increasing independence and self-reliance in the world, the information on this topic has exploded and can be quite overwhelming. If you do searches for survival and preparedness products and recommendations, you may find yourself convinced that only the truly wealthy can afford all that is needed. However, this is actually far from the case, and Claude Davis explains how in his book The Lost Ways.
If we simply look back in history, we can see that our forefathers were able to survive without all the gadgets and gizmos, without electricity and technology, and did quite well. Davis has taken the time to look back to how our ancestors survived, and how we can replicate what they did in our lives today. In the process, he found that not only do these lost arts help us to be able to survive in case our conveniences were not readily available to us, but that in using these techniques, we can actually save money each day by increasing our self-reliance.
People today are worried about many things that could limit how they live, whether it be an electro-magnetic pulse wiping out technology, or a natural disaster, or political and economic collapse, or some other situation that compromise our ability to survive day to day. If something catastrophic were to happen, would you and your family be able to simply survive from day to day?
What Exacltly You’ll Learn From The Lost Ways by Claude Davis
In The Lost Ways, you will find the direction and information you need to be sure that you can be well prepared to live not only more independently, but also survive a scenario that would make our modern life impossible. You will find topics related to:
- Health Remedies: What would you do if modern medicines were not available? Thankfully, common plants and remedies made from them can be used to replicate many pharmaceutical products. You need to know how to identify them, how to prepare them, and how to use them. Davis includes photos to help you be confident in your identification of the plants you find, as well as clear information about the medical effects you can expect. For example: in your yard you likely have seen a “weed” that is commonly referred to as “wild lettuce“, also known as “opium lettuce”. The sap of this plant affects the central nervous system much like pharmaceutical opiates but without the negative side effects. It has been referred to as a morphine-like pain killer.
- Food: Native Americans and pioneers survived on readily available, nutritious foods that they could store for long periods. Our American Revolutionary soldiers used a food source that never spoils and is made in a short time period, approximately ten minutes! For these survival recipes, you will find that the ingredients are likely already in your own pantry at home. Included in this book is a video tutorial for making pemmican, which was used as a basic staple by Native Americans for its excellent nutritional benefits as well as its ease of taking it on travels, and its ability to resist spoilage. With the more than 25 recipes from the past, you can be sure that your will not go hungry and be able to easily stock your pantry!
- Alcohol: After all, after a hard day, a drink of some kind is quite relaxing and for many is a comfort of life. It is possible to make your own beer, moonshine, or even wine with a few simple pieces of equipment. Yes, there are stores that will sell you a vast plethora of brewing equipment, but in reality, very little is actually required to make your own alcoholic drinks for your larder.
- Self-Defense and Ammunition: We can currently purchase our ammunition readily from the local stores, but what if it suddenly was no longer available, for whatever reason? Our pioneer ancestors managed to not run out of ammunition, even in the wilderness. By following their ways, you can learn to preserve your ammunition supplies, and what you can do to replenish your supplies. In the case of a catastrophic event, you will want to be able to protect you and yours from looters and not only will you need ammunition, but you will also want to follow some self-defense techniques that are easily used to make yourself a difficult target.
- Shelter: Your large home is comfortable, but what if something happened and it was not available? It is possible to construct an underground shelter that is large enough to hold several families in time of need. After all, Native Americans build subterranean roundhouses routinely. Following their examples, you can build a hideout, a storm shelter, a bunker, and even a root cellar to store food and water with confidence. You hope to never need a safe space, but in case of a true disaster, it could be an invaluable skill to be able to create your own secure and safe shelter.
- Water: Water is a basic of simple survival. Foundational to being able to survive for more than a few days. You have read of sailors in the 17th century who were able to carry water safely on ships for months or years. Read here the techniques they used so they were able to survive without access to fresh water. You can collect and store water economically, and without much outlay of cash at all. With a supply of water in case of disaster, you can be more confident about getting through the days.
- Traps: Trapping game may be key to long term survival in a worst case scenario. Davis explains clearly how to use traps and how to harvest the animals you trap. Winter can be a challenging survival time, and he gives special techniques to help during this cold season.
- “Art of Poultice”: Poultice is a technique that allows you to treat illnesses without the use of antibiotics, and uses ingredients that are similar to modern medicines. This nearly lost skill could be of great use in a time of limited resources.
- And many more survival techniques. In case of a disaster, you will need to have the skills for basic survival that we don’t often think about in our modern, technology dependent world.
The chapters in this book give a great deal of information, from simple to complex, that can help you survive in a more independent manner, without the need to rely on modern conveniences, or other people, in order to live a life that you will love. In The Lost Ways you will find a wide range of information, from something as simple and basic as making bark bread, to the complex construction of a backyard smokehouse.
PLUS, if you order today, you will receive three bonus reports included in your purchase!
- What Every Survivalist Should Grow in His Backyard. (Growing a survival garden). This report contains a plethora of information that will help you grow nutritious and hardy plants that are reliable in all conditions, even the harsh conditions of many areas, whether due to moisture issues or temperature issues. After reading through this report you will have the knowledge to be able to plant, harvest and store your own plant food, increasing your food stores and food stability. In addition, at the very least, you will be able to reduce your grocery store bill!
- How to Outlive an EMP the Early Pioneer Way EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse survival). In the past, EMPs may have occurred, but would have gone unnoticed as our ancestors did not rely on the devices and technology that we currently use. Now, it is a real concern to many as it would completely disrupt how most of us live our lives. It is key to know how to survive the first month after an EMP event, and then to have a plan to get through each day. After all, what do you do when the water in the pipes stops running? What to do when food is going to spoil without refrigeration? And what to do when those who are truly desperate come and looting is happening in society? This report will help you understand the impact of an EMP and what you can do if this event occurs. With day by day information, starting with day one, you will be able to be completely self-sufficient. Doing the tasks laid out in this report in order as described could make the difference between death and thriving during a catastrophic EMP event.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Building Your Own Can Rotation System. You have likely stockpiled canned goods in your pantry, whether for daily use or for long term emergency preparation. If you have large quantities, a concern arises regarding shelf life and expiration dates. If you utilize the can rotation system in this third report, you will be able to always know the order in which you should best utilize your preserved goods. The plans in this document will hold over 700 multi-sized cans in the system. You will save yourself a great deal of time and money by using this efficient system to store your foods. Simply place the new items in the top shelf, and the oldest will rotate down to the bottom layer. Whenever you wish to use canned goods, you select from the bottom layer. With this step by step guide you can build an excellent and efficient storage system. Plans are included and there is even a video tutorial that will assist you in your construction.
When you order The Lost Ways, you get not just the ebook, and the three bonus items, but you also will have free and unlimited access to the members’ area where you can ask the author any questions you might have at any time. Whether you encounter a problem, or need clarification on a topic, you will be able to get more information.
The Lost Ways can be purchased as a digital book that you can download as a PDF to any device that has PDF viewing, whether that be a laptop, desktop, iPhone, iPad, smartphone or tablet. Because of the ease of digital transfer, you will be able to download the book immediately upon purchase. Should you want a hard copy, you can purchase it for an additional $8.99 for shipping and handling.
For a one time $37.00 USD payment you will have access to an incredible resource of nearly forgotten self-sufficiency skills, three bonus items, and access to a members’ area that will help you get any additional information you may need. In case of a catastrophe, you want to be prepared with at the very least, the knowledge of how to get through and care for yourself and your loved ones in a time of great stress. The Lost Ways will certainly help you to be able to do this!
For more details about the book, check out this awesome official presentation video How to find wild lettuce and prepare it for use and if your’d like to learn more long-forgotten secrets get your copy of “The Lost Ways” by Claude Davies.